The 5 Coolest Drones for Kids
People of all ages are growing intrigued by the fascinating technologies provided in drones. Nevertheless, there are very few drone models out there that cater specifically to kids and teens, in this article we’ve listed and reviewed the 5 coolest kids drones – all of them of course, packed with fun and exciting features.
JoyGeek Mini Drone for Kids, RC Quadcopter 360 UFO Remote Control Helicopter with 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis Headless Mode One Key Return Flying Toys for Boys Girls
To make it easier for kids to pilot this drone, it has a built-in positioning system and features headless-mode which adjusts the front of the drone to match the direction of the remote control making it simpler to navigate.
It also features a one-key return home option that allows the drone to land back where it took off with a simple press of a button.
The small structure of the JoyGeek Mini has blade protectors to keep the user and the drone safe. It also has 2-speed options and can fly within a 30-meter radius from the controller.
- Flips 4 ways with a press of a button
- Has LED lights making it more visible during night time
- Comes in a break-resistant case which makes it less prone to damage due to crashes
- The battery only provides 5 minutes of flight time before needing to be recharged
Air Hogs Star Wars Remote Control Millennium Falcon Quad
Derived from the original Millennium Falcon ship in the Star Wars movie, this drone features a toy-sized replica of the spacecraft in said movie. Not only does the drone look exactly like the movie-version spaceship, but it also produces visual and sound effects that match those produced by the original ship when taking off.
The drone is made out of high-density foam that makes it both light and resilient to minor crashes. It can be flown both indoors and outdoors within a 60-meter range.
- LED lights mimic the visual effects of the real Millennium Falcon ship
- The drone produces sound effects that also mimic the actual ship adding to the authenticity of the experience
- The rotator blades on this drone are concealed within the structure to ensure protection from damage due to falls
- This Air Hogs drone does not come with a feature enabling it to do stunts like flips and turns
Holy Stone HS177 RC Battle Drones with Infrared Emission RTF Quadcopter with 2.4GHz 4 Channel 6-Axis Gyro and Altitude Hold Function, Headless Mode and Emergency Stop, Color Red and Blue, Quantity 2
This battle drone can be flown along with other similar drones for a full-on war. When paired with another HS117, the two drones can battle and whichever drone succeeds in hitting the other drone 4 times with its infrared beams wins resulting in the defeated drone slowly landing in defeat.
The drone features an altitude-hold feature that allows the drone to hover at a designated height without the need to keep your hands on the remote control; this makes it easier for kids to learn how to navigate their drones while in battle.
This drone also features a low-battery alarm and an emergency landing button that forces the drone to slowly land in case anything goes wrong.
- The HS117 has the ability to battle with other HS117 for a fun and engaging experience
- Flips 4 ways with a press of a button
- Has an emergency stop button that makes playing with this drone safer for both the user and the drone
- Charging the batteries takes longer than most other batteries (90 minutes per charge)
Syma X5C Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera and extra battery in exclusive Black/Red design
The Syma X5C is one drone on the list that will allow your kid to capture footage mid-air with its camera. The 6-Axis gyro on this drone plays part in keeping the drone’s flight smooth and providing you with steady camera shots.
The drone can be flown both indoors and outdoors within a 30-meter radius. The propellers on this drone also come with guards that will protect the blades if the drone ever hits a wall or crashes.
- Includes a detachable HD camera that records video and captures photos
- Takes-off and lands simply with one-key making it easier for beginners to control
- Comes with a spare battery doubling the flight time before the need to recharge
- Due to the camera included with this drone, registration with the FAA is required
Holy Stone HS190 Foldable Mini Nano RC Drone for Kids Gift Portable Pocket Quadcopter with Altitude Hold 3D Flips and Headless Mode Easy to Fly for Beginners
This compact drone model from Holy Stone is palm-sized but packed with a strong motor that allows it to fly and perform stunts at high speeds.
Like the HS117 model, the HS190 feature altitude-hold which helps it hover and makes piloting a whole lot easier. To make things even easier for the user, this drone has a one-key take-off and landing feature as well as a one-key return-home feature that makes bringing the drone back to its take-off point a piece of cake.
This drone can also do 360-degree flips and can fly at 3 different speeds that suit your kid’s learning curve.
- The HS190 is foldable and can be stored inside its own controller, making it easily portable
- Can do high-speed flips and spins
- Has a built-in charging cable that makes recharging anywhere hassle-free
- Like the Joy Geek model, the battery only provides 5 minutes of flight time before needing to be recharged
There isn’t a specific drone on the list that takes the win here simply because they all have different features that suit different interests. An obvious pick for a Star Wars fanatic would be the Air Hogs model. For someone looking for a drone that can pull off amazing stunts, the Joy Geek model would most probably spike their interest, however, if your kid is more interested in capturing footage with their drone, the Syma drone is definitely up for that.