5 Best Drones for Teenagers
Flying drones is an exciting activity for kids, teenagers, and adults too! Nowadays, drones are becoming very popular and teenagers are going crazy over them.
Apart from them being super fun, mastering flying a drone takes persistence and patience, so they’re great for teaching teenagers these two qualities.
We’ve put together this article with our five favorite drones for teenagers to help you choose one.
Holy Stone Camera RC F181C RC Quadcopter Drone
The Holy Stone F181C comes with a 6 axis gyro to ensure steady flying in the air so it’s a great option for beginners. To make things easier for teens, the drone has four-speed levels so they can choose what suits them.
An exciting feature in this drone is that it can flip 360 degrees using one quick start key. The F181C drone is equipped with a high-quality HD camera that can capture from a distance of 30 meters. With the F181C, you can expect around 5-7 minutes of flying time with each charge.
- Comes with an extra battery for longer activity sessions.
- Altitude hold function allows the drone to hover in its place for better and clearer shots.
- LED light for controlling the drone at night.
- Easy to operate – One button to start and land.
- Doesn’t fly well in wind.
DBPOWER X400W FPV RC Quadcopter Drone With WiFi Camera
The DBPOWER X400 is a fantastic option for beginners and teenagers because of the headless mode. With this setting, you won’t have to worry about adjusting the orientation of the drone.
A great feature in this drone is that it can be connected to a smartphone to enjoy the drone’s view using the built-in Wifi module.
The drone has two-speed levels and can perform 360-degree flips using the function button on the remote controller. The battery that comes with this drone allows it to fly for about ten minutes before losing charge.
It also features a return home key. When this button is pressed, the drone will return back to where the transmitter is automatically.
- Good battery life compared to other models.
- Very durable and sturdy body.
- Great for beginners and teens because it’s easy to fly.
- Flies relatively well in light wind.
- The battery compartment is a bit of a hassle because it comes with a tiny screw.
Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone
The Holy Stone HS170 is a cool-looking drone that’s suitable for older kids and teenagers. The drone has three different speed levels which makes it a good option for all entry-level players.
In case you lose sight of the drone, you can press the return home key and it will automatically return to your place. The drone is equipped with LED lights so you can see where it is at night.
The 360 degree flips that this drone can make will definitely impress you. The Holy Stone HS170 is a small drone so it’s a good option if you’re looking for a drone to use indoors.
- Featured at an extremely affordable price.
- Very easy to set-up, operate and maneuver.
- The drone is very durable and handles crashes without any issue.
- Doesn’t come with a camera.
- Short battery life of around five to six minutes only.
Video Drones With Camera – U49W HD FPV Drone WiFi Camera, VR RC Helicopter Spy Toy Drone
This quadcopter drone is a spectacular option for teenagers, especially if they’re operating a drone for the first time.
The drone comes with an HD 720p wide-angle camera so it’s really good at capturing shots. The hold feature in this drone makes taking pictures easier and more stable. You can use the drone inside or outside. It comes with an easy flying 1-key lift/land and headless mode so you can take-off and land with a simple button press.
If you’re looking for a drone that can fly longer than most other models then this drone may be a good option for you as it can fly for about 15 minutes.
With this helicopter drone, you can download its app on your smartphone and connect it to enjoy live video and images.
- You get double the flight time because it comes with an extra battery.
- Its solid construction makes it durable and able to withstand crashes.
- Unable to withstand strong wind.
Haktoys HAK905 4-Channel 2.4GHz RC Quadcopter
What we love the most about the Haktoys HAK905 drone is that it comes with ultra-bright blue and green LED lights all around its frame. The changing colors on this drone sure make flying it at night very exciting.
The drone comes with two-speed levels and is great for using indoors and outdoors. It also includes a mode that does 360-degree flips so teens can show-off awesome stunts with it. The flying time is between seven to ten minutes.
Another useful feature is that when the battery is getting low, the drone blinks green and blue to indicate that it needs to be charged.
- Amusing LED lights and amazing design.
- Low battery light indicators.
- Relatively more difficult to use than other drone models.
- The drone isn’t as sturdy as other drone models in the same price range and may break on impact.
After reviewing our five favorite drones for teenagers, we found that DBPOWER X400W quadcopter drone made it to the top of our list. The thing we like the most about this drone is that it has a longer battery life than many other models. You can enjoy eight to ten minutes of uninterrupted flying before you need to recharge it.
It’s also sturdy and can withstand a windy day. This drone is a great option because it comes with a camera at a great price and is considered very easy to use.
If you’re looking for a more affordable option and don’t really need a camera, then the Holy Stone HS170 predator mini RC helicopter drone would be an option worth considering.